Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!


Welcome to 2015, everyone! I'm optimistic about how this year will turn out. There are so many things I'm looking forward to! They are as follows:

January - Elise's first birthday (:
February - Ava's first birthday ♡♡
March -
April -
May - Jade and I's three year anniversary ♡
June - the Manibusan-LaCoste wedding (:
July - turning 21!
August - Hawaii with Ava ♡
September - Jade's 22nd (:
October -
November -
December - Xander's 8th (:

The above picture is courtesy of We Heart It. On to my resolutions! What exactly is a resolution?

Resolution [rez•uh•loo•shuh n] /noun/ the act of resolving or determining upon an action, course of action, method, procedure, etc. (Source)

1. Get fit. Cliché, I know but I am finally at that point where I am happy with my body shape. I just need to tighten up my muscles. This is going to be a little difficult because diet is so important when you want to get in shape. I am slowly making healthier food choices which started with drinking water daily. Luckily, I'm not alone. My father wants to be healthier so we're going to help each other regarding diet and intake. I just want to take care of my body because it's the only one I have and I would like to live longer to see my daughter grow.

2. Save money. Ava and I are going to Hawaii this summer so I plan to splurge there. Guam doesn't have some of the store selections that Hawaii has to offer. I have already done research so I know which stores I want to go to (but of course, something in a different window might catch our eye). Also, I want to save for Ava's 2nd birthday party. Since it takes place so early in the year, saving the year before is a must! Jade and I aren't able to throw her a big party this year (which sucks and makes me feel disappointed in myself as a parent especially because it is her FIRST birthday). We are determined to throw her a second birthday party in 2016.

3. Make sure Ava has fun in Hawaii. This is Ava's first trip off-island and I am determined to make it astounding. I won't settle for less. I'm not sure when my next opportunity to take her to Hawaii will happen so I hope I can make my girl smile the whole trip (:

4. Work on my patience. Anyone who knows me knows I am impatient. It's one of my worst flaws. I plan on having a career in business and I want my daughter to learn patience (How can she if I do not set an example?). Patience is a necessity when working with people and having customer service. This one is going to be tough to accomplish but I am determined.

5. Find a skincare routine. I have no idea why it took me so long to want to take care of my face. I'm not entirely sure if I will be able to find the right products this year but I will try. I want to clear up my t-zone, which is my most affected area. I think it's because I used to have bangs so the oil from my hair fell to my forehead together with my oily skin caused me to break out.

6. Improve at work. I'm an Admin Assistant doing basic work. I want to get somewhere so I'm going to start taking initiative to learn more and do more around the office. We are currently not hitting our monthly quota and I want to change that. We did lose some accounts last year so I plan on carrying business cards with me to give people our services as an option.

7. Have an anniversary to remember. Jade and I have celebrated our last two anniversaries in a laid-back way. There's nothing wrong with that. But every once in a while, it's okay to do something out of the ordinary. Since Ava will be older, it would be great if we could take her somewhere and have fun as a family. Maybe go to the beach during the day and have dinner at a nice restaurant like Taste at Westin (If you've been to Guam and have any restaurant recommendations, please comment below!). That would be simple but nice.

8. Improve my blog. I think my blog looks pretty basic right now. I don't have an "About Me" widget, a picture to use as a signature, a customized blog title picture, a widget that gives you access to my labels to help you find specific blog posts, and some of my posts still don't flow the way I would like them to. I think experience is key to improving a blog. I do want to develop my blog and make it more user friendly so I will work on that throughout the year.

9. Make a plan for my career. The only thing I am 100% sure about is that I want to be in the field of business. I need to figure out how I am going to get my Associates degree (for now, I may want to go further later in life). I hardly have time for myself but I want this. I need to if I'm going to succeed the way I want to. I want to feel and be financially secure.

10. Be the best mother I can. This is probably my most important resolution. I'm not saying I ever slack on my parenting. I mean to improve how I am as a mother and never stop. There are so many mistakes I'm scared of making. There are so many lessons I fear will not be taught if I don't teach them the right way. There are so many outside influences that could make her stray. I just want to do the best thing for Ava in every situation.

I really hope to be able to achieve the aforementioned this year (: Share your resolutions with me in the comments (:

There are also a few movies I am excited to watch this year! If I do watch these movies, I'll be sure to post reviews (: Please note that dates are subject to change.

Taken 3 (January 9)
Still Alice (January 16)
Love, Rosie (February 6)
Insurgent (March 20)
Furious 7 (April 3)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1)
Pitch Perfect 2 (May 15)
Jurassic World (June 12)
Paper Towns (June 19)
Terminator: Genisys (July 1)
Minions (July 10)
Pan (July 17)
The Fantastic Four (August 7)
Maze Runner: Scorch Trials (September 18)
The Jungle Book (October 9)
Peanuts (November 6)
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (November 20)

IN OTHER NEWS: I will be making a change to my blog as well. Last month, I posted every M/W/F but because I can tell 2015 will be busier, I'm only going to be posting on Fridays now. If a special occasion lands on a Friday, I will post the day before. Thank you for understanding! Also, my domain name is now "kauifrommaui" instead of "journeythrutheseeyes" - I changed it because my old one was pretty tedious to type and that's not what I want for my readers. I also felt like I needed something more personal. I wanted something shorter and since my Hawaiian bloodline originates from Maui, it added with my name sounds a little catchy.

I know this year is going to be a great one and I hope everyone has an amazing year! 2015 is yours for the taking (:

Peace. Love. Aloha.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new domain!! Aaahh…I must do a resolution too…thanks for the inspirations! =^ 0 ^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ♡♡ looking forward to seeing your resolutions! :D

      Delete