Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ipsy Unboxing - December 2014

**Ipsy provides a monthly makeup products subscription that costs $10. This is not a scripted post. I am not getting any monetary contributions for this post. Also, please keep in mind that these are just first impressions - not lasting.**

This is my first Ipsy review post so I haven't figured out how I really want to take the photos and how I want to let the post flow, please bear with me for now. Here is what I received this month: 



This month's theme was Thinking of You. The bags design was simple but pretty. I'll be using it as a pencil case for work. The products I received were Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid, Coolway Boost Repair Treatment, Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush, NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Red Velvet, and Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara.

Products Review:


CAILYN Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid
When I first saw this product in my sneak peek, I was a little skeptical because I have never used an eye polish before. Because of the word "polish" I thought I was receiving a cream eyeshadow but it's actually powder. I liked the built-in applicator but would prefer using a brush. I love how the color looks on my wrist but that's not how it looks on my eyes. It's a warmer color so I'll probably use it during the summer and pair it with a nude lip. For best application, close product and shake side to side. It will put more powder on the applicator.


Coolway Boost Repair Treatment
I forgot whether or not I checked hair products on my quiz but I am so grateful I received this. My hair has been giving me some problems lately despite using Organix shampoo and conditioner, which it used to respond to. When I opened the seal, the first thing I noticed was the pleasant aroma. I tried it on a section of my hair and after first use, the hair felt softer. I will keep using this and likely post an update on how it works (or doesn't) with my hair.


Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
Once I saw the sneak peek of this brush on Twitter, I really hoped it would be in my bag! This is my first brush from Ipsy and I'm very happy with it! The bristles feel nice, they apply and blend well. It has functionality and style, isn't that what we look for in a brush?


NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Red Velvet
I love lip balms! Living in a tropical environment causes me to constantly apply my old reliable EOS Pomegranate Raspberry lip balm but I'm always open to try other balms. I like the color but I'm not fond of application. It skipped the areas where my lips have grooves (I have a tendency to bite the skin there. Horrible, I know.). It's a nice pink/red tint and adds perfect color to the face. I think I'll be using this when I'm in a hurry and need a quick color boost. I'm also considering using it for family Christmas photos.


Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
I'm not sure what the "4-in-1" technically entitles. Every subscriber received this so I'm excited to hear what everyone else's experience with this is. As for me, my lashes lack length and volume. This is my first product from Tarte and I am completely won over! This is my favorite product this month! I definitely plan on buying the normal sized one when I go to Hawaii. My lashes aren't clumped together and the length it adds is beautiful! Ipsy, thank you!

This month's bag was my overall favorite since I've been subscribed (October 2014). I'm excited to see what Ipsy has in store for next year!

Peace. Love. Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment